She was once a founder of the notorious Primrose Hill party set in the 90s and counts Kate Moss and Sadie Frost as close pals.
But now shes hit 51, Meg Mathews is re-channelling her energy to become a poster girl for the menopause.
The one-time Britpop rock chick says she is sick of the way the change is never openly talked about and wants to take it mainstream.
The events planner-turned-wallpaper designer says: I want to make menopause less of a taboo. When I went through it myself a year ago it was horrendous. We need to look at how to discuss it with your partner and children.
If youre sitting there in fear of it, that emotion will project into your household. Women shouldnt feel ashamed its a part of their lives.
Meg, who was married to Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher and lives with their 17-year-old TV presenter daughter Anais in London, says: Im about to write a magazine column about menopause. I want to help women deal with that. I want to give back to women, so when the next generation goes through it, they dont feel scared.
Meg says she was shocked by the symptoms of menopause , which included being gripped with anxiety for six weeks.
Now she uses hormones to rebalance her body and relies on a team of people to help her stay grounded, including a therapist, an acupuncturist and a Honolulu healer.
I had a horrendous year with it, admits Meg, who is currently single.
Menopause can be a very lonely place. So I want to put as much information out there as possible and make it like a sisterhood. Your brain can get muddled and you can feel overwhelmed.
Theres lots of scary, thick books out there, and I want to make it simple. I want women to know that your life can still go on after the menopause and you can still be sexy. There will be days when your body aches and you feel nauseous, but you will get through it.
These days, Meg follows a strict diet to keep her metabolism in check. I dont do any sugar, dairy, gluten or caffeine, she says. I dont drink alcohol either, not at all.
When you get the menopause, you automatically put on weight and you dont feel like exercising. I would be very strict about what I ate and then go on the scales and there would be no difference. That can make you feel depressed.
You feel like doing nothing, but my advice would be to try and walk for 20 minutes a day. I take my dogs for a walk and it helps massively.
She says women shouldnt be afraid to talk to their GP and ask for a blood test to check their hormone levels.
Once you get your hormone balance back to normal, your hair starts growing and your skin feels supple, she says. Ive tried all the hormones, including HRT. I was very lucky to find one that suits me.
There are lots of products on the market, and I think you need to try them and see what works for you.
She also highlights the discomfort and embarrassment suffered by millions of women with a weakened pelvic floor.
Around one in three will be impacted by some form of pelvic floor issue, most commonly brought on by pregnancy, obesity, and/or menopause.
She says there are products on the market to help.
Meg is not afraid of testing new treatments and was one of the first celebrities to try lip-plumping in 1997, but complained she got the Daffy Duck look. She had her first set of breast implants when she was 30, and at 35 started using Botox and fillers.
She recently had a 2,000 threadlift. She says: I still feel 20, but I want to keep my face looking fresh.
- Auckland study about the effect exercise has on menopause in need ... - Stuff.co.nz - April 27th, 2017
- Planned Parenthood Still Matters to This 'Menopause Mama' - Care2.com - April 27th, 2017
- HOUSE CALL: What you should know about menopause - San Angelo Standard Times - April 26th, 2017
- Menopause is surrounded by unhealthy misinformation - The Sydney Morning Herald - April 26th, 2017
- Debunking 6 myths that are associated with menopause - Buffalo Reflex (subscription) - April 26th, 2017
- Blood Pressure, Estrogen And Menopause - Huffington Post - April 26th, 2017
- Powering up - why women should get in training for menopause - The Sydney Morning Herald - April 26th, 2017
- Male Menopause: The Hidden Cause of Mid-Life Marriage Meltdown - The Good Men Project (blog) - April 26th, 2017
- Londoner's Diary: Pamela Anderson advocates a vegan menopause - Evening Standard - April 24th, 2017
- Powering up: Why women should get in training for menopause - Stuff - Stuff.co.nz - April 24th, 2017
- Letters: diet has a vital role to play in dealing with the menopause - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2017
- 19 Nutritional advice for you my lady during menopause - Independent Recorder - April 23rd, 2017
- The week in TV: Born to Kill; Kirsty Wark: The Menopause and Me; Broadchurch; Doctor Who and more - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2017
- We are proof that there is life after the menopause - Belfast Telegraph - April 22nd, 2017
- 7 Steps You Can Take Right Now To Prevent Early Menopause - Women's Health - April 22nd, 2017
- First nurse chair for British Menopause Society - RCNi (registration) - April 22nd, 2017
- Rhythmic Bioidentical Hormone Replacement For Women in Menopause - JOSIC - Digital Intelligence - April 22nd, 2017
- Is male menopause real? Low testosterone level signs and treatment tips - Bel Marra Health - April 22nd, 2017
- Northwick Park nurse first to chair menopause society - Brent and Kilburn Times - April 22nd, 2017
- What is the menopause, how can you spot the signs and symptoms and what treatments are available? - The Sun - April 20th, 2017
- Cast announced for Branson run of 'Menopause The Musical' - Branson Tri-Lakes news - April 20th, 2017
- Trying to get pregnant? Don't lose hope, expert tells menopausal women - TheCable - April 20th, 2017
- Who is Kirsty Wark? Newsnight journalist who's presenting BBC documentary The Menopause And Me - all you need ... - The Sun - April 20th, 2017
- AMS Home - Australasian Menopause Society - April 19th, 2017
- HRT can boost oral health during menopause - the Irish News - April 19th, 2017
- Women at menopause can bear children through IVF -Expert - The News - April 19th, 2017
- Hot flashes may indicate heart disease risk - Medical News Today - Medical News Today - April 19th, 2017
- Menopause: Simple Exercises to Stay in Shape - News18 - April 17th, 2017
- Menopausal hot flashes linked to increased heart disease risk - Cardiovascular Business - April 17th, 2017
- 'I just coped': Kirsty Wark on breaking the silence about menopause - The Guardian - April 16th, 2017
- Ask Dr Ellie Cannon! This week: DVT, menopause and irritable bowel syndrome - Jewish News - April 16th, 2017
- Menopause: 8 in10 women get mood swings, says expert - Vanguard - April 16th, 2017
- Why life begins after the menopause: 'I left my husband and found a toyboy' - Telegraph.co.uk - April 15th, 2017
- Sex And Relationships With Lucy: The Male Menopause - LBC - April 15th, 2017
- Natural health: The menopause and food cravings - Irish Examiner - April 14th, 2017
- Hot flushes during menopause could link to heart disease risk - International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics - April 14th, 2017
- Climbing menopause mountain with Sandra Shamas - Toronto Observer - April 13th, 2017
- Hot flashes may predict the risk of heart disease in pre-menopausal women - Hindustan Times - April 13th, 2017
- Easy exercises to stay in shape during menopause | health and ... - Hindustan Times - April 13th, 2017
- This new treatment might help menopausal women get pregnant - The Week Magazine - April 12th, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon praises the 'freedom' of the menopause - Good Housekeeping UK - April 12th, 2017
- Yes, menopause has an upside you could get fitter - Irish Times - April 11th, 2017
- Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon: 'My wife and I are going through ... - PinkNews - April 11th, 2017
- Global Menopause Partnering 2010-2017 - Yahoo Finance - April 10th, 2017
- Could this drug be the key to stopping hot flushes for menopause ... - Telegraph.co.uk - April 10th, 2017
- Childhood trauma linked to risk of depression as women near menopause - Newsworks.org - April 10th, 2017
- Woman pregnant with twins after 'menopause reversed' - The Independent - April 8th, 2017
- Women with bothersome menopausal symptoms can seek treatment - Reuters - April 8th, 2017
- Menopause and low sex drive - keeping your marriage intact | News ... - Jamaica Gleaner - April 8th, 2017
- Laser may relieve menopause symptom - WTAJ - April 8th, 2017
- Women with bothersome menopausal symptoms can seek treatment ... - WHTC - April 7th, 2017
- 'Laverne & Shirley's' Cindy Williams talks 'Menopause' - Lasvegasmagazine - April 7th, 2017
- A new menopause drug could stop the misery of hot flushes - Netdoctor - April 4th, 2017
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock surges 4% after closing $50 mln licensing agreement for menopause drug - MarketWatch - April 4th, 2017
- Bio-Identical Combo Therapy Promising for Vasomtor Symptoms of Menopause - Monthly Prescribing Reference (registration) - April 4th, 2017
- Women's menopause workshop will help combat impacts - The Sunshine Coast Daily - April 4th, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Menopause, Together - Huffington Post - April 3rd, 2017
- Does gum disease boost death risk after menopause? - Futurity - Futurity: Research News - April 1st, 2017
- Study: Girlhood trauma linked to depression in menopause - Philly.com - March 31st, 2017
- What is Male Menopause - FOX31 Denver - March 31st, 2017
- Teenage trauma may up depression risk during menopause - Economic Times - March 31st, 2017
- VIDEO: Options for treating menopause becoming more individualized - Healio - March 31st, 2017
- Older Women Are Getting Pregnant Thanks to a Radical New Menopause Treatment - Futurism - March 29th, 2017
- Women who suffer from stress as teenagers 'at greater risk of depression during menopause' - Express.co.uk - March 29th, 2017
- Tickets now available for 'Menopause The Musical' - Branson Tri-Lakes news - March 29th, 2017
- Marina Benjamin on What We Don't Talk About When We Talk About Women and Aging - Slate Magazine (blog) - March 29th, 2017
- MonaLisa Touch procedure reverses some of the effects of menopause - WNDU-TV - March 24th, 2017
- Managing menopause: How women are learning to deal with menopause - Winnipeg Free Press - March 24th, 2017
- Celebrate the Menopause - Skegness Standard - March 24th, 2017
- 'Menopause the Musical' comes to the Lensic on Tuesday - Albuquerque Journal - March 24th, 2017
- NorthBay hosting Facebook chat about menopause - TheReporter.Com - March 23rd, 2017
- Cutting Edge: Don't let menopause get the better of you - Pocono Record - March 23rd, 2017
- Menopause Myth Buster Every Woman Needs to Read - AARP News - March 23rd, 2017
- Stop taking premarin immediately - Effects of discontinuing premarin - Menopause treatment premarin - 6933 ... - Barnsdalltimes - March 19th, 2017
- Examining women's bones during menopause may help head off fractures - Knowridge Science Report - March 19th, 2017
- 'Menopause' offers girls' night out - Visalia Times-Delta - March 17th, 2017
- Gillian Anderson Wants Us To Talk About Menopause 'Without Shame' - Huffington Post Canada - March 17th, 2017
- Coping with menopause - Nation News - March 15th, 2017
- What female athletes need to know about menopause - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - March 15th, 2017
- Wife Gets 'Menopause Fort' - AARP News - March 14th, 2017